Monday, July 21, 2008

Signs - Day 1 of 5

Signs
I've made a pact with an old level 3 friend of mine - that is to observe the signs. We have decided not to be swayed by external or internal factors, but instead objectively observe, comprehend, and interpret the signs around us. We will empty our minds of clutter, rid ourselves of emotion, and focus only on the necessary. These signs have only recently just come about, but they have a deep meaning within them, a meaning we wish to seek. For with this meaning in hand, we can predict the future, we can adapt to what which may come ahead, we can control our future. For those who have watched the plot-less character-developmentless (as many would have testify) Final Destination movies, the signs are everywhere around us, and we have to identify and interpret them for maximum results.

Day 1 of 5
A week we have given ourselves, but since it's a five day work week, 5 days it shall be. Five days to re-examine the signs, and decide on our fates. Today, I had a revelation. The signs were good, the constellations were in place, but all too soon did the brightest star fall out of the sky, obscured by a passing dark cloud that wouldn't go away. I expected this to happen, knew that it would be the case, but didn't know how to handle it at that time. Well I've thought it through since then, and figured out my next course of action - passiveness it will be. I shall keep still and wait, as I've four more days left. However, it's predicted to be rainy the next few days, and the clouds may obscure the bright night sky. Well the night is always darkest before the dawn, so may the light of the dawn shine through the dark clouds, and clear them away, so that I can once again enjoy the constellations. As for my friend, I wish him the best of luck, we're 1/5 through this, and when this is done he should be well again.

He who believes that the light of the day will chase away the darkness of night would do well to keep in mind that in 12 hours time, the darkness of night will triumph yet again over the light, in an endless battle for supremacy.

Note:
To cheat on my one-post-daily rule, I've backdated this from 1.39am to 11.59pm. =)

No comments: