Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Daily

Today, a random event happened.
The bus number 14 that I take home everyday - I take either that or bus number 196 - broke down. Well it was surprising, as all random events tend to be, and a very little slight tiny bit scary. How scary can a bus break down be? you ask. Well, the bus travelled till just before the highway, then it started to resonate. Reminds me of chocolate fondue, but that's not the point. The bus was making wierd noises, and the resonance was more than what it usually is. Then the bus driver switched off the engine. As usual, a kay-poh or kia-su singaporean hurriedly went down from the second floor of the bus, to check on what was happening or to zhao from danger. The rest of us just slacked around, I read a book, JY attempted to sleep. I helped a relatively old lady open a bottle of fruit juice, I felt happy. So what's the scary part? Err.. You know when something different happens, then you start wondering what could have happened. Like for example what would happen if the bus suddenly caught fire and started flaming. You know, like how trolls flame message boards. No really, I actually imagined the worst case scenario, like what would my last thoughts be if the bus suddenly blew up. (The answer to: "What would my last thoughts be if the bus blew up?" is "I was thinking of what would my last thoughts be if the bus blew up", talk about irony) Or how to escape from the bus the quickest if it caught fire. I was mentally prepared to break a window (Fun!) and jump out (not that fun but fun enough) or something, or rush over people in an attempt to zhao from the bus because I'm a selfish bastard who looks out for myself first. But nothing interesting happened =( After a short while, the bus driver dude came up to call all of us slacking people on second level of the bus to get off. And so we did. They refunded our paid fare, and on top of that gave us a free ride ticket. It's been so long since I actually made use of a bus ticket, you know those small rectangular ones, which I used to fold cranes and stuff with. So I was thinking about it, we paid nothing to travel on the bus from school to that before-highway bus stop, had a cool experience vibrating in a resonating bus, and had a free ride ticket too. What more could you ask for? The ticket expiry date was 28/8/2008, nice number too. (I wonder if on the 29/8/2008 if you give a bus driver the free ride ticket, would he check the expiry date and reject the tix?) (Also, what happens if a bus conductor asks for your bus card, as proof that you've paid your fare, when you've used your free ticket and thus did not need to tap your EZ-link card... Then he go checks with the bus driver and the bus driver is an old man who has amnesia who forgot that you used a free ride ticket. And that means you will be caught for cheating on bus fare, and if you're wearing school uniform you'll be publicly shamed, and forced to pay $200+- (wassit this amount?)) So I didn't use the ticket, and paid normally for my next fare. Then overslept all the way. As usual.

Btw, it's three more days till my O_O cake arrives. Wait for it.

As a note, I'm keep posting too late and keep having to backdate the time of the posting to 11:59pm on the previous day. Maybe this is due to my screwed up biological clock, or bad habit of procrastination which means my time period of most productivity is after 12am. Anyways, all posts at 11:59pm are backdated, and are probably posted anytime between 1am and 4.30am the next day. Also, I'm getting more random, my thoughts aren't coherent, and I'm just touch-and-go-ing on too many small topics. This should be due to the problem of my lack of sleep recently, which I hope to solve by paying back the sleep debt soon. I hope the loan sharks of sleep don't start harrassing me. Night.

zzZZzzzZzzZzzzz

No comments: