Monday, July 28, 2008

O_O

Symbols
>_< It's amazing how much you can portray with words, but what's even more amazing is how much you can portray with symbols. A picture paints a thousand words, but a symbol made from a few keys on the keyboard can mean so much more than a thousand words worth of feelings and emotions. Like O_O for example, it means shocked, awed, and all the synonyms of that emotion. It may also mean you have large round eyes O_O, or that you're spectacled. Well, four more days, and O_O will arrive. Wait for it. o_O

Change
Some random thoughts on Change. Change is ever present, around us, and in us. With no change, we can't better ourselves, yet we also won't be able to "worsen" (for lack of a better opposite to the word better). However, if we choose not to change, while everyone around us change for the better, aren't we relatively being worst off? Well everything's relative, just like how you call random strangers "brother" and "sister", or maybe "auntie" and "uncle"; they are your relatives.

Anyways, I live in this same house my whole life. It is a nice house. However, recently, a few weeks back, the large tree in front of the house was cut down, apparently because it was old and decaying and it was a danger to society. One morning, before dawn, walking out of the whitish gate, and subconciously acknowledging the tree's presence, the next thing I knew, when I came back from school in the afternoon-evening, the tree was gone, off to the big forest in the sky. Normally I would feel very sentimental over anything that was there for a long time, and is suddenly gone, especially for living objects. However, even though this tree was a living object, and it has been there since forever, when it was taken away I didn't really feel a thing. I guess I'm not as sentimental as I used to be. Well sometime during these past few days, someone or somebody planted a new plant in the spot where the tree used to be. It's sort of a shrub, or a palm, or something like that. I wonder if I will grow to like it like I used to like the tree.

O_O

No comments: