Saturday, July 26, 2008

Instincts

Instincts
What do you call those feelings you get for a short while when you go about your daily life? As in, if you were walking along east coast park at night, and you see two bicycles coming towards you. What's the first action you want to do instinctively? Yep, I feel like knocking the riders off, just sticking ur arm out and letting momentum and gravity do their work. Hehe. I think it's leftover residual primitive actions that you want to perform but your new and improved developed brain tells you that it is wrong to do such stuff. Your instincts tell you - It's not fair, why are those people moving faster than me on bikes, they should be knocked off. Or, hey it's something moving, lets wack it. What do you think when you see a really tall guy? If you were me, first thoughts are "Whoa.", second thoughts are "the higher they are, the harder they fall".

Paintings
On today's newspapers Life section I found pictures of some paintings done by some chinese dude. The pictures were awesome, natually this also means the paintings were awesome. Also, paintings go for riducolously huge amounts of money, so I'd rather just take a picture of it and enjoy it at my own free time. Well, today's abovementioned paintings invoked certain emotions within me. One particular painting was of a mountain scene, and it showed a group of houses built into the mountain side, surrounded by rocks and snow, with a full moon shining above. From the painting I saw the strength of the human spirit, able to overcome most environments, and how humans band together naturally.

"Nature's beauty is eternal, unlike humans, whose beauty will fade with age." - Chinese painter Liu Gui.

No comments: