Saturday, December 6, 2008

I LIED, NO ONE DIED

FORENOTE: For the infinity of you minus 2 people (x = infinity - 2, where x is the number of people I'm referring to) who doesn't get the meaning behind my post title, I'm lazy to explain it, go google it or ask Cherilyn)

Okay, first things first, when I said I was going to post daily, I LIED. Haha. So funny. Not. O wells, I hope you loyal followers have been constantly refreshing the page while waiting for my words of wisdom. If you haven't been doing that, you aren't loyal enough, so go away. Okay, I have created a tier list for the readership of this blog, here's how it goes:
1. Overlord Dneo
2. Chief Minion Cherilyn (who assumes my position and does my tasks for me when I'm slacking)
3. Loyal followers since the beginning of the end. (Last Count: 2.5)
4. Loyal followers since somewhere in the middle (Last Count: 3.5 + maybe 1)
5. People who stumble upon this treasure trove of words because a certain 2.Lfstbote (<-- it's an acronym) went about telling a certain shared group of friends about the existence of this place. (Last Count: 2 + 1 + possibly 2 + possibly more)
6. LURKERS (Uncountable)

Now now, I'm sure after looking at the list above, all of you would like to be promoted to level 1, but that's reserved for Overlord Dneo. However, you can attempt to get promoted to a higher level than you currently are, by various means, of which I am too bored/sian/tired (it's 3.30am wtf?) to list, but they may or may not include SPAMMING TAGBOARD (IN CAPS), posting comments in posts by mah fan-ingly logging into blogger and revealling your true identity, donating a huge sum of money (okay, even a measley amount would do) to Dneo's pocket money fund, find means to provide Dneo with 28 hours in a day, etc.

Okay NEXT.

On thursday, I went to watch the anime movie The Sky Crawlers with a group of mahjong kaki. On the note of the mahjong kaki, "it's all pure beginner's luck I tell you". Okay back to the topic, after mahjonging with my kaki for slightly more than 2 winds worth, we decided it was late enough and we had to leave for the 9.15 movie. The pizza was weird looking, but good. Thanks. After arriving at the cinema counter for the movie not 10 mins before the movie started, we managed to get 2nd from back row seats, yay good job. Time skip. It is now 9.25+afewminutes, we got past the bouncer dude at the entrance of the halls, and was directed to the "second cinema on the right". When we got in, we found our seats koped by a couple. O_O. As the brave leader that I was, leading my company of brave men into the dark unknown of the cinema, I bravely approached the couple and enquired about the current placements of their bums on our seats. The return fire was harsh, but I was not afraid of the enemy, and I pressed on, while my men provided little covering fire from behind. My surprise ally came in the form of a dude seating in a single seat (wtf there's single seats in the cinemas? For sad ronery dudes with no gfs and no companies of men?) behind who said "Yes, this is cinema 4". Okay, so the couple was going to cinema 2, but because of the not-really-optimal placing of signs outside the cinemas, they were confused and went into our hall 4 instead. As a sign of gratitude towards my victorious approach towards the couple of enemies, I was given freedom to choose my seating. Well not really, but I would like to think so. Okay so the movie started, and ended around 2 hours later. Okay tiem for movie review:

Hrmm, no spoilers shall be posted here, just my thoughts and spoiler-free review of the movie. Pre-movie thoughts: There was a booth at AFA08 (refer to older post by guest writer) on the art work and inspiration for the movie that was to be shown soon on cinemas. The title of Sky Crawlers was not that catchy, and I believed stuff like Appleseed and Vexille or even Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea were much more appealing titles. And even after watching the show, I can't really say the use of the word Crawlers is fitting, maybe they're crawling through time, but that's not really right. On browsing the booth and reading random parts of the booth, I found out some trivia about the movie, like the usage of nice Polish architecture and stuff. Second thing about the movie was the review I read on Straits Times Life section, which gave it a 3.5/5 rating. Though quite normally a discerning reader, I still had to be reminded by Johnny that Life section reviews on anime movies are not to be trusted and this reinforced my belief that the movie I was going to watch would be extremely good, as 3.5 should be a total underration, and it was. (On a side note, the last three major movies that I excitedly encouraged my friends to watch turned out to be stuff that was either 1. a waste of money, 2. failplot or 3. ARGHHHH. And their acronyms are respectively DoA, QoS and TMG (Ahahahhahah, the mere mention of the title sends shivers down my spine) This movie spoilt my 0% of good movie recommendation rating).

On to the movie itself, hrmm what to say about it without spoiling...
Artwork - Great
Characters - Memorable (we shall all learn how to fold newspapers)
Pace - Very stone, but quite fitting and brings across the message well
Plot - Awesome.
Hrmm individual comments - Beware the eyes!, look out for the awesome dog (whose name shall either be Bolt or Jinroh (spoiler)), the cat (if I remember correctly there was one), the hamster (o wait i'm thinking of the wrong movie, cancel that), the reverse-trap (Omg I got reversed trapped), the rori (yay for roris), the tsun-dere-tsun-yan-dere, and more. Overall a good movie, and it made me think some bit, as in it made me ponder the questions about life that the movie raised. Recommendation - Go watch it if you're a fan of airplanes, animation, little children, thought provoking movies, or if you just want to spend 2 hours of your life watching the hard work of the people that produced this good movie.

Kk, now on to the third matter of the day. On reading today's (Friday's) papers, I found an article that was quite shocking. A 19-year-old boy was arrested and charged on the offence of being indecent to an 8 year old girl and a 9 year old girl. The newspaper reported that the guy sbs-ed the 8 year old girl and overpowered her, but she escaped and complained to her mommy. Some time later, he once again, at a similar setting of a hdb elevator, took out a knife and threatened the 9 year old girl, and forced her to take off her shirt. Apparently he did not do anything more serious or that would have been reported as well. Okay so what are my thoughts on this matter? He is Dumb. In more ways than one. Everything he's doing is wrong: the target (older plz), the place of attack (less public area plz), the motive (what motive?), or lack of it, the lack of paper bag over the head (at least cover face), the lack of social responsibility (comon, you are scarring these little girls for life, if you just HAD to commit such crimes, at least commit on people or things that won't get scarred for life (like you can always threaten a shopfront mannequin to take off his/her/its shirt)), and... I shall not comment further =x

For more accurate information, go read the papers yourself, and disclaimer: everything I write here should not be taken too seriously nor be taken to be the absolute truth.

Next. As you can see, there are 3 vague ideas and topics covered on today's post. These shall be payback for my lack of posting for which I have already explained at the beginning of this post.

And as a parting note, I shall be going overseas to Melbourne, USA (it's just beside Singapore, China on the world map) from the 6th of Dec to the 14th of Dec. I'll be driving around, and hopefully GET ON A HOT AIR BALLOON WOOTZ, and maybe I'll explore around so that if I go back one day, I can fufill my life's quests of trying out:
1. Surfing without getting eaten by a shark (you can read wayy too many shark attack stories on reader's digest over the years)
2. Bungee Jumping (fufill all my suicidal tendencies without paying the cost of 1x Life.)
3. Parachuting (like bungee jumping, but can fly longer)
4. Hang Gliding (like parachuting, but much longer too =) )
5. SPACE TRAVEL (lolwhat?)
6. Kangaroo riding (WHATT?)

Okay, so one or two of the stuff in the list arent exactly accurate, but whatever. Adios Amingoes, Sore Jya.

No comments: