Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hi to you

Hi to you. It's 2.20am here. Clearly the owner and guest writer of this blog have screwed up internal clocks. @Cherilyn - Nice sleep at 9am and wake up at 12pm.

Okay I'm bored once again, so I've decided to post a post a day, like what I attempted to do last time but failed. And since I'm going on a year-end holiday trip to Melbourne, I shall stop posting once I leave the country, which is somewhere around the 6-7th of December, which is.... 3 days time. Yes that's right. With my awesome planning to be lazy and slack, I shall create the impression that I'm hardworking and posting once a day, but because of certain commitments, such as catching a plane to fly off to a desert country full of kangerooos and err... ex-convicts, I shall be forced to stop posting once a day. =) (note that I never mentioned whether I would continue blogging once a day once I return, so you should not bring that up either)

Okay, and today's first of a few random topics would be... Name Calling. Not like "you nincompoop" and "@&^$*(%*", but rather your real given name. Yes, that one written on your birth cert and I.C., and whatever official identification that you have. Hrmm, for those of you ignorant people who haven't heard of my wonderfully awesome name, and it is not "Dneo, Huhx, Shadowelf, etc", it is Darrell. Okay so what does Darrell mean? I had the opportunity to check a baby name book a few days back, when I went out with my mum and sis to shop. And I don't shop, so I just stared at people frying ice cream parfait (pronounced PAR-FAT(not.), actual pronounciation from the m-w website is... PAR-FAYE, so ya, go impress your friends) and browsed through books at MPH. A small prize for guessing which part of small small Singapore we went to that day. So in the book, under 'Boys A-G', I found Darrell. Yay. It's french in origin, and means beloved (of course), darling (naturally), and.... grove of oak trees (WTF). Okay, great, so I was named after a grove of oak trees. Or rather, I'm named AS a freaking grove of oak trees, good job there. But I like my name, so I'm not complaining =) Then along comes my sis, and I showed her the awesome meanings of my marvelous name. So we checked her name - Sharmaine. It said: (American) refer to Charmaine. Okay no problem, clearly her name is just an american variation of Charmaine. And at Charmaine, it said: (French) refer to Carmen. Err okay, so we went to check Carmen, and it said (Latin) meaning song. Lol, so my sister is named as a american variation of the french variation of the latin word meaning song. And before we could check more stuff, like the meanings of my whole family's names, or (I just thought of it) the meaning of Darrell under 'Girls A-G', we had to go. =( O wells there's always the internet but as you can see I'm too lazy to check, so I'll just wait till I pass by that area the next time.

Well, what's the meaning of your name?

P.S. One objective of this post was so that guest writer's posts do not flood my blog's front page. =(

No comments: