Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nothing matters anymore

Recently, I said this phrase, and was reminded of a past event. I remembered the time I last used this, it was a few years ago. My life revolved around an MMORPG, and I had a friend I had never seen in real life before. I met him online, and he helped me out. We became friends, and we played together alot, helping each other through the long hours of grinding, making it bearable. Then one day he said he was quitting the game, it wasnt fun to him anymore. I was shocked, my world collapsed around me. I added him on msn, but it just wasnt the same as ingame. We had less things to talk about, we grew distant, we eventually stopped talking. He's still there on my msn, an old friend, but he's hardly online now. I started to emo (I didnt know this term then), nothing mattered anymore. Looking back, I was stupid, it's just a bloody game dammit, why so serious?

Fast foward to the present, it's a totally new situation, it's a no longer a game. Nothing matters anymore now. In the future, will I look back and think that I was stupid for thinking like this now? No. Oh wait, maybe. But since when did it matter?

No comments: