Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Daily - August 12

Back to school after a longer-than-usual break. As usual, accomplished nothing during the long weekend, but that is all about to change. Things will be different now, actually doing work is the way to go. Surprisingly, I stayed back at school till 10pm today, completed a math worksheet, and a fair bit of physics option G worksheet. Hrmm, that's quite little, considering I spent so much time working in a proper workable enviroment. Never mind, things can get only more efficient from here on. But reaching home at 11pm +- is a really bad move, oh noes I can't keep this up.

More random stuff.

Read through a good portion of my Theory of Knowledge notes on the social sciences recently, which was taken from a chapter of some philosophy book. It was fairly interesting, comparing the natural sciences and the social sciences. Here's a cool quote - "I cannot move a finger without disturbing the stars"

On the topic of homework and work-related stuff, here's a quote I remembered from a friend of mine; it concerns mugging. "Mugging is like rolling a ball/rock up a hill, you spend alot of time and effort rolling the ball/rock of muggerness up the hill, but once you go past the top, it gets alot easier to mug, and you can mug alot more alot faster." Hrmm, will I be able to pass the top of the hill?

Even more random stuff.

Physics teachers all have bad grammer, they go around saying things like "u is 3.0cm" or like "u is related to v." Even a young child who has basic grammer would be able to tell you that "u are" is the proper way to say it.

In chemistry, we learn that if you draw a line that extends at both ends, and stuff that is at one end of the line is called "Not Stable", then naturally the stuff that is at the other end is called "Horses".

Spent a portion of my weekend playing an old game for a while, no prizes for guessing what it is. It involves a highly evolved chatting system, which censors most words and phrases that happen to be remotely vulgar or explicit. E.g. Bass --> Bas* or something like that, because you know ass is such a bad word and it shouldnt be said to other people cause it could hurt their feelings. Here's the best insult I've found in that game, that rivals some of the trolling a certain friend of mine is famous for - You smell and your mum doesnt love you. Ouch, now that would've hurt me so deeply if it was said to me, but it wasnt, so yay I dont smell and my mum loves me <3

Was reminded of a phrase that I used to say alot - "Long time no see, thought you mati" hey it rhymes.

No comments: