Sunday, March 15, 2009

Movies Galore

Recently, I've watched 5 movies on the big screen, and most of them were awesome in their own way.

First up was The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, which I watched with my sister two weeks ago. It has all the elements of an epic movie (not to be confused with Epic Movie, which was shit) - large budget, gratituous use of special effects, idealized characters, things falling in place for the plot real nice, and tragic endings. I couldn't help but compare it with titanic, which is the highest grossing movie of ALL TIME (in absolute terms though, not after adjusted for inflation), and I realised both movies are quite similar, especially the narrative form involving flashbacks.

Then I watched Push, Slumdog Millionaire, and K-20: Legend of the Mask all on friday one week ago. Push is one of those dumb shows with cool effects and a single extremely likable character, alot like Jumper. The irish dude from Jumper was damn cool, and no prizes for guessing which Push character was damn cool. Slumdog Millionaire is a good movie, like what all the other movie reviews say. However, I didn't really "feel good" after the movie, with the *SPOILERS ALERT* death of the brother weighing heavily on my mind. I guess he has to die to make up for all the wrongs and sins he had committed in life, but in the end his death was still quite =(. Oh ya, here's a link to a badass guy who won a "Who wants to be a Millionaire". K-20 is a funky movie lol, and the characterization of the characters are just damn WTF. Seriously, the show is quite joke, but not in a bad way, rather, in an amusing way.

Lastly, I went to watch an M-18 *gasp* movie - Watchmen, with my class on friday. Though the plot was abit confusing at times, it's really a nice movie, and I would recommend it to anyone who can get in.

I have more to say for each movie, but I'm lazy to type, so just go watch any of these movies and come chat with me about them. =)

No comments: