Friday, March 6, 2009

Life

Have you ever noticed, that you only have one shot at life? Primary school comes along and ambles past, then you get one try at PSLE and that 3-digit number sticks with you for the rest of your life. Then you have 1 year of Sec 1, 12 months of Sec 2, 52 weeks of Sec 3, 365 days of Sec 4, then after a noticable gap where O levels should have been, you get the joy of going through 8760 hours of Year 5 (of which 100+ should be CAS-ed), followed by 92291 and counting minutes of year 6. This way of looking at things really brings everything into perspective.

When was the last time you did something for the first time in a long time?

Just the other day, I ate mashed potato the normal way, for the first time since forever. In case you were wondering, I normally eat mashed potato the not-normal way, which can be seen on a 1:56 long clip on youtube if you are pro at searching. Why stick to routine when it's so much fun to do things differently?

I sat on a double-decker non-aircon bus on the way home after celebrating Johnny's birthday at Serene Centre a few days ago. The feeling of the wind blowing at your face, along with the night scene, was strangely calming. I think I'm getting sian of too much air-con in my life.

My sister's A levels results will be out later today. I wish her well.

This moment in time will pass us only once, afterwhich we will not be able to grasp it ever again. Therefore live your life to the fullest, and enjoy the moment.

No comments: