Monday, February 18, 2008

Daffodils

Hi, you can call me Adam (this has nothing to do with Eve so lets keep her out of this), or Daffodils (dont ask, i wont tell).

Ah, the beauty of the english language. A whole language constructed out of 26 symbols and with spaces, that can portray most thoughts and feelings effectively and efficiently. Individual words have multiple meanings and alternative uses, hence there is an opportunity cost for writing each word, as other words are forgone. However, im not an english student, so heck the qualitative part and let's go into numbers. There are 26 combinations of 1 letter words, of which around.... 3 are oftenly used - a, u and i. Moving on, 676 combinations of 2 letter words, 17576 combinations of 3 letter words, and 456976 combinations of 4 letter words, of which 3 are oftenly used - one to express yourself during times of frustration and two opposites to express the deepest of feelings. So what's my point of saying all these? I also don't know, if you can find one, please tell me.

Hey it's my second blog post (third, counting the deleted one), let me tell you a story. I once had a little cactus plant, you know those that you put on your study tables and are just there to look pretty and green and to poke if you're not careful and to poke you if you're feeling sleepy. I tried taking care of it, feeding it lots of water, showering it with TLC. It turned over in its pot and died on me. I got another one, that one died too. For many times this happened, and using failed logic that i used in my TOK essay (and mathematical induction), when people conduct experiments or observe stuff, and the same result happens multiple times, we can conclude that the same result will happen in the future if the same experiment was conducted. But fools do not learn from past mistakes, and once in a while i would try my hand at raising another minature cactus plant. I have thought over it, maybe i was giving too much water, maybe i was giving too little sunlight, maybe the cactus just needed it's own private time, away from all the attention that a bored hyper boy could give. By altering the variables, maybe i could just succeed this once. Sometimes i would just sit in my room, with the ghosts of dead minature cacti around me, haunting me, but what could i do? It was over for them, they lived, they died, and they will never be the same again. Maybe i should give up and just grow other stuff, like bean sprouts. Those are fun to grow =)

Okay time to change topic. Today, i was stuck in a traffic jam along a neighbourhood road, i spent 12 minutes of my life travelling 1km. That's an average speed of 5km per hour, not your usual bus speed. Who do i blame for this? THE WORLD. That is why i want to change the world, one person at a time, starting with me. Sometimes it is fun to be random, doing nice stuff no one expects.

When was the last time you did something for the first time? This question is too vague, for if i go into the details, i did everything for the first time. This is the first time im writing my second blog post, this is the first time im spelng <--- that word wrongly, the list goes on. But answering the question in the general sense, i realise that maybe our lives are too ritualistic. We have schedules for everything, and at our current stage, life is but a repetition of the 7 days. O well, im not complaining, but sometimes you need randomness to spice up the mundane going-ons of life. As such, here is another of my random sentences that happens to actually make abit of sense:
"Can a jury fear behind the flawed heaven?"

I have written far too much for today, and yet i still leave many other things unwritten. Maybe those thoughts will be able to show themselves on a later date, maybe they will will bury themselves into my subconcious, surfacing only when they feel like it. Maybe.

The End. Why is this post so different from the last?

1 comment:

Uncle Edna said...

Wth is with Adam and the Daffodils XD

"However, im not an english student, so heck the qualitative part and let's go into numbers." HAHAHAHAHAHAHA THIS IS HILARIOUS XD XD XD What's the third four-letter word btw o_O

T_T little cactus plants T_T Bean sprouts die like, really quickly if you don't put them in soil. I totally understand what you mean though.

Whee, randomness. Are you going to put a randomly-generated quote after every post?

Haha, I like your signing off. It... makes sense. XD