Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Of Uniforms and Uniform Distributions

This will be the last day of my life where I get to officially wear my school's uniform for a proper reason, not counting the day of release of exam results where I'll (hopefully) get to walk on stage in my home attire. I don't know what other people's sentiments towards the school uniform are, but mine are simple and few - It doesn't look half bad, It is comfortable, It is slightly troublesome in regards to arcade-going/lanning/going to undesirable places where little schoolboys aren't allowed and I like the tie. That just about sums it up and yet ends another (and one of the last) chapter of my childhood.

Speaking of uniforms, I know ALL about uniform distributions yay. That's because it's going to be tested for today's Mathematics Stats HL Paper 3, and I know everything about any topic that will be tested for an upcoming paper (upcoming meaning in 16 hours). For all those people out there who don't see any useful application of such topics of math in our future lives, here's one undeniable case example to prove their effectiveness: You... get a head start when learning about mathematics statistics in university. An example would be my sister, who is currently enrolled in some course in SMU (not to be confused with lovely Amu) studying business. She has to take a (probably core) module called mathematics statistics, and it is exactly what we are learning now. So if you want to slack later in your university life, you can start studying now and then you can slack all the way through that one course of university. Isn't it fun? It is so useful to learn about such stuff in Junior College just so that we can learn it again in university.

No comments: